Pet Memorial Stones

Pet Memorial Stones
Detail Pet Memorial Stones

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Creating a Memorial Garden: Memorial Stones

Several days ago my grandmother passed away and left this world. Of course the loss of a loved one is difficult but I can't help but feel some relief for her. She had late stage Alzheimer's disease that had completely taken over. I know now that she is with my grandfather again and that she is no doubt playing the piano again. My grandmother was a beautiful pianist.

Both of my grandparents have been cremated and we are going to spread  her ashes off the oregon coast where my grandfather is. It got me thinking that we don't have anything to memorialize them. My plan is to find a nice place on my parents property and create a Memorial garden for them. I am going to create custom Memorial stones for each of them to build the garden around. I'm always saying Memorial stones are a great way to honor the lives of your loved ones, and I now have an opportunity to create something nice for them and my family. I am going to consult my family members first to decide what should be included on the Memorial stones and also what plants and flowers they might have liked. I am also thinking about planting a tree as the center of the garden.

I will update this post as things progress and post pictures of the memorial stones. I would love to get feedback from readers also if you have some general design ideas for a memorial garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment